I go on psychotic rants about random shit on a regular basis. A lot of times these rants revolve around selfish people who think that they are way more important than they actually are. Naturally I decided to post these rants in a blog for everyone to see because I think that I am way more important than I actually am. Expect low brow commentary on any and everything with a liberal use of the word douchebag. And lots of commas. Lots and lots of commas.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Oh, is there an election coming up?

Not that I've been writing a lot lately, but I have purposely shied away from tackling any election coverage. And believe me, there has been plenty to bitch about and make fun of. The problem, however, is that it is really fucking depressing to see what our electoral process has degraded to and the type of people who have thrown themselves in the mix.

I'm aware that it is a cliche, but it's very clear to me that the reason why our government is so fucked and incompetent is that the people in our country who could effectively manage government on both state and federal levels are smart enough not to get into the business in the first place. This is also not a new idea. Politics is a place for narcissists and selfish, self-important douchebags. Somewhere along the line principle and integrity were usurped by the ever present cut-throat nature of politics and it into a game. A game where it was all about winning and getting yours than actually, you know, trying to help people. Now, I have no problem with the competitive nature of politics. Of course you want to "win." Unfortunately when you sacrifice your principles and integrity for said win you become little more than a mercenary. 

The ideas of politics and democracy are fantastic to me. It used to be fun to follow and watch and debate. Who knows? Maybe I've just become jaded but when you follow an election cycle and neither side of the debate is even remotely appealing to you and the only thing that runs through your mind is "You're both embarrassingly and shamelessly full of shit" then you know there's either something wrong with you, or there's something wrong with those involved in the system.

Of course come election day I'll be at the polls. And I'll pull the red lever. But I'll do it based purely on ideology and, as ridiculous as it sounds, a sense of civic duty. I happen to align more with Republicans than Democrats and while I have no data to back up this next assertion, I'm going to go ahead and assume that the blights on our society who feed the bleeding hearts of the left are the ones who by and large don't vote. I'm so sick of it. I'll vote. I'll vote for Republicans because I support small government and strong defense. Because most of them these days are becoming more moderate when it comes to irrelevant social issues that serve no purpose but to create talking points and cause divides.

Damn. Now I'm even more depressed than before.

Oh, and by the way, Christine O'Donell is going to be a Senator. Mark my words. That fucking whack job has been simply talked down to by her Democratic opponent and as far as I can tell not been taken seriously. And the crazy ideologues who people don't take seriously are the most dangerous ones. It's a good thing I don't live in Deleware because that loopy bitch would have caused me to do what I used to have to do when Arlen Specter ran, which is to say not vote along straight party lines but instead have to go one by one so that I could just vost against Specter. That entitled piece of shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment