I go on psychotic rants about random shit on a regular basis. A lot of times these rants revolve around selfish people who think that they are way more important than they actually are. Naturally I decided to post these rants in a blog for everyone to see because I think that I am way more important than I actually am. Expect low brow commentary on any and everything with a liberal use of the word douchebag. And lots of commas. Lots and lots of commas.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Birthday America!!



Typically I would try and post this tomorrow, but I will be drunk celebrating America's birthday at the shore with my family and friends. So today you get a YouTube bukkake of patriotic videos. We've got Rocky, Springsteen, Lee Greenwood, profanity and the U.S. military academies singing the National Anthem.

Incidentally, if you don't get the chills when you hear The Star Spangled Banner you can go right ahead and fuck yourself. I am a misanthropic asshole about 75% of my life and frankly, I think that having to deal with the public on a daily basis gives me that right. But there are certain times I can stop hating the majority of the people that I encounter and just be in a generally good mood. Christmas is one of those times and the 4th of July is another.

We live in a country that more often than not is subject to a harsh ideological divide. Now, I'm always right, so it's more frustrating for people like me to deal with, but there should be times when we can all put our politics aside and just look around. It's ironic that we live in a country that is crumbling in on itself economically, that is embroiled in two decade long wars and has a federal government with it's head so far up it's ass that it can lick its tonsils, but is still the envy of virtually the entire globe. We have something special here and it's days like tomorrow that you really need to stop and recognize that.

Then on Monday you can go back to bemoaning the idiocy of liberals, hippies and Yankees fans.

Now, to the videos.











And last, but certainly not least...



Now go the fuck outside, it's god damned gorgeous out.

No comments:

Post a Comment