I go on psychotic rants about random shit on a regular basis. A lot of times these rants revolve around selfish people who think that they are way more important than they actually are. Naturally I decided to post these rants in a blog for everyone to see because I think that I am way more important than I actually am. Expect low brow commentary on any and everything with a liberal use of the word douchebag. And lots of commas. Lots and lots of commas.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Oh, Hi There Schadenfreude




My hatred for Brett Favre has been documented on Hypocritical Irony before. He is a selfish ass hole who for a reason I cannot fathom is not just allowed to be that way, but is celebrated in the sports world despite it. I don't begrudge someone for getting to make a living. I've never complained about the insane amount of money athletes make. They have a talent and they are compensated handsomely for it. Incidentally, the argument that actors are just like athletes because they are talented is retarded. Actors are just good at pretending. So is my 3 year old niece. Actors are over paid. And athletes, generally speaking are not self-filating, pretentious douchebags. Except, of course, for Brett Favre.

I won't even make the argument that he SHOULD retire. Every time I hear some fucktard get all bent out of shape because, "Why can't you just let him do his job? He has a right to earn a living." I want to fucking murder them. My argument is not that he should retire. He does, in fact, have every right to earn a living. But you know what he doesn't have the right to do? He doesn't have the right to pretend that he is above the game of football which, gosh darn it, he just has so much fun playing. For years and years the same "will he/won't he saga" has crippled the NFL off-season with speculation ad naseum. It's not fair to whatever organization is holding its breath about his decision. It's not fair to the teammates who won't know until half way through training camp who their quarterback is going to be. And it's not fair for fans of the NFL in general when every other story is forsaken for the Brett Favre angle.

For every contrived tear that he sheds, for every bull shit story about his daughter that the media jerks off too, for ever pain pill he pops, for every second of media over-exposure that I have to endure over the next 7 months, I will hope he dies in a fire. And for all of these reasons I was giddy with delight that last night, with the game on the line, that aw-shucks gunslinger came up small in the biggest game of the season. For the second time in three years I get to delight in the fact that Brett Favre's last pass as an NFL quarterback was an interception. How appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment